As Per a concept of the State Minister of Defense and under the patronage of HE. The President a Specil War Hero Card has been introduced in a bid expand welfare benefits to the tri-forces, Place and Civil Defense Force war Heroes who made supreme sacrifice / were disabled for the preservation of the territorial integrity of the mother land , and their close relatives.
Some of the Special benefits enjoyed by the recipients of Virusara card are as follows
01. Ceylon cold Stores offered 50 scholarships to the children of war heroes, in view of facilitating their education up to higher education level.
02. The Same scholarships was offered to 50 Tamil and Muslim students in the Northern & Eastern Provinces.
03. Litro Gas Lanka made donations worth Rs.50, 000 each for undergraduate students.
04. Two scholarship was Rs.50, 000 each were graduate to 2 university students of Kalaniya and Colombo during the Virusara privilege .Could distribution held under the patronage of He the President at Rajarata viddiyala in Pollonnaruwa on 21st June.
05. Two hundred course opportunity worth Rs.23,000 each were offered by the British Way English Academy to the children of war hero families eighty for opportunities, out of that have already been given to the children of try-force, Police and civil Defense Force Personnel.
06. Six plots of land with higher commercial value in Gampaha area were offered by Guruge Property Sales (Pvt) Ltd.